Monday, February 2, 2009

Managing Growth

Question 1
Do you think there are too many people in Aspen? (Select one)
1. Yes
2. Sometimes, but I can live with it
3. No

Question 2
Should there be an annual limit on the number of homes that are demolished and replaced? (Select one)
1. Yes
2. No
3. I don’t know enough to have an opinion

Question 3
With regard to the growing trend of demolishing and replacing existing homes, what concerns you the most?
(Select one)
1. It doesn’t really bother me
2. The greater size of the new homes
3. The waste of environmental resources
4. The pace and overall construction impacts
5. The fact that many are converted from local’s housing to 2nd homes
6. I don’t know enough to have an opinion

Question 4
For Aspen neighborhoods, like the West End and Cemetery Lane, which statement do you agree with the most?
(Select one)
1. Our residential neighborhoods are seeing larger houses that don’t reflect my vision for the Aspen Area.
2. I agree that homes are getting larger and our neighborhoods are changing, but they are evolving in a way that I can live with.
3. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
4. This does not matter to me

Question 5
For the surrounding county neighborhoods, like Red Mountain and Mountain Valley, which statement do you agree with the most? (Select one)
1. Our residential neighborhoods are seeing larger houses that don’t reflect my vision for the Aspen Area.
2. I agree that homes are getting larger and our neighborhoods are changing, but they are evolving in a way that I can live with.
3. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
4. This does not matter to me

Question 6
Regardless of the pace of growth or the type of growth (assuming there will be some growth in the future) where should growth occur? (Select up to three)
1. The core commercial areas – from the river to the mountain.
2. The neighborhoods surrounding the core commercial areas.
3. The traditional lodging area – base of the mountain.
4. The Buttermilk/AABC area.
5. Downvalley from the airport.
6. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
7. This does not matter to me

Question 7
Which statement do you agree with the most?
(Select one)
1. We need to grow and redevelop to reach my vision for the community.
2. We can reach my community vision by changing the uses of existing buildings rather than building additional structures.
3. When we grow and redevelop, we get further away from my community vision.

Question 8
I would place the most growth restrictions on the following kinds of development:
(Select up to four)
1. Free market housing
2. Affordable housing
3. Larger lodging units
4. Smaller lodging units
5. Tourist-oriented retail space
6. Day-to-day retail services (basics, essentials)
7. Office space
8. Public/Institutional
9. Arts and cultural facilities
10. Let the market decide

Question 9
I would place the fewest restrictions on the following kinds of development: (Select up to four)
1. Free market housing
2. Affordable housing
3. Larger lodging units
4. Smaller lodging units
5. Tourist-oriented retail space
6. Day-to-day retail services (basics, essentials)
7. Office space
8. Public/Institutional
9. Arts and cultural facilities
10. Let the market decide

Question 10
Some like the idea of more people living in affordable housing in the downtown area, and some like to see more businesses that serve year-round residents. If I had to choose between them, I’d prefer to see the most space set aside for: (Select one)
1. Affordable housing
2. Businesses that serve year-round residents
3. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
4. This does not matter to me

Question 11
I believe that if there is more affordable housing in the Aspen area … (Select one)
1. The free market will provide more businesses that serve year-round residents.
2. It doesn’t matter. High rents make it difficult to open businesses that serve local residents.
3. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
4. This does not matter to me

No comments: