Monday, February 2, 2009

Economics

Question 1
If the downtown is the place where first-time visitors form their impression of the City’s identity – are you generally satisfied with the feeling that is created by our mix of retail stores? (This is not about the visual aesthetics of the downtown.) (Select one)
1. Very Satisfied, I wouldn’t change a thing
2. Satisfied, it’s OK with me
3. Not satisfied, I don’t like the impression we make
4. Totally unsatisfied, I’m embarrassed when friends visit for the first time

Question 2
Aspen needs more small shops with unique local merchandise and fewer high-end shops. (Select one)
1. Strongly agree
2. Agree
3. Disagree
4. Strongly disagree
5. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
6. This does not matter to me

Question 3
I believe the escalating price of land and rents in the downtown area poses a threat to essential businesses that provide day-to-day necessities, such as pharmacy, gas, dry cleaning, pet store, convenience store, etc. I think … (Select one)
1. This is not a real problem.
2. It’s a problem, but the local business community should solve it.
3. Local government should continue to explore this issue.
4. Local government should make it a top priority.
5. I don’t know enough to have an opinion.
6. This does not matter to me.

Question 4
Considering that there are retail options down valley, on the internet, and in Denver, I am satisfied with the retail options in the Aspen area (Select one)
1. Strongly agree
2. Agree
3. Disagree
4. Strongly disagree
5. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
6. This does not matter to me

Question 5
We should encourage the creation of gathering places and businesses that cater to younger generations to enjoy the downtown, including nightlife.
(Select one)
1. Strongly agree
2. Agree
3. Disagree
4. Strongly disagree
5. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
6. This does not matter to me

Question 6
Let’s talk about price of lodging. Which statement do you agree with most? (Select one)
1. This is a world class resort, so we should focus on deluxe accommodations.
2. We need to focus on inexpensive lodges that provide a place for the next generation of ski bums to discover Aspen.
3. I don’t think prices are a problem.

Question 7
If a lodge can’t be both small and affordable, which statement do you agree with the most? (Select one)
1. We should try to preserve small lodges with unique character, even if they are expensive.
2. We should encourage less expensive lodging, even if the buildings need to be larger.

No comments: