Monday, February 2, 2009

Historic Preservation

Question 1
Historic preservation is important to me (Select one)
1. Strongly agree
2. Agree
3. Disagree
4. Strongly disagree
5. I don’t know enough to have an opinion

Question 2
Historic preservation is vital to Aspen as a community, and as a taxpayer I would be willing to support it through a new dedicated public fund. (Select one)
1. Strongly agree
2. Agree
3. Disagree
4. Strongly disagree
5. I don’t know enough to have an opinion
6. This does not matter to me

Question 3
In order to illustrate Aspen’s history, I think it is important to preserve structures from Aspen’s Post-War history, such as European chalets, and modernism. (Select one)
1. Yes, it’s important for our history.
2. Yes, but only the most superb buildings.
3. No, I’m not convinced yet.
4. No, we’ve preserved enough.
5. I don’t know enough to have an opinion.
6. This does not matter to me.

Question 4
In terms of the interiors of historic publicly accessible buildings, which best describes your position: (Select one)
1. I believe that interiors that truly reflect the time period they were built should be designated.
2. I do not believe the City should be in the business of designating the inside of buildings, even if they are publicly accessible. Exterior preservation is good enough.

No comments: